update to new target SDK
no new changes or imporvements
- fix chrome bug -> the screen could not be viewed in the browser
- improve streaming capacities
- Improve handling of rooted devices
- Added a more reliable way of touch/remote control > faster and more stable
Various Bug and ARN Fixes
- Bugfix Android screen receiver view
- Bugfixes for rotation changes
- Drop Support for Android <5
- Complete new Screen Capture machanism (webRTC)
- Added Audio transmitting (only on demand) therefore a new Audio Permission is required
- Improve speed and overall performance
- new rendering engine (more stable and fast)
- fixed problem with black borders on image
- fixed disposition of touch events
Added a complete new Web Interface
The Web Interface is now mobile friendly and behaves as an native app
RemoDroid can now be controlled over any modern browser and from the browser of any smartphone
Soon an iOS will follow
- checks newtwork speed an notifies if the network speed is too slow
- clears the image when there is no movement => Improves picture quality
- centers the image view
Client - Images rendering improved. Use multiple threads to achieve better performance
Client - Add more remote control buttons (Power, Volume, Show Active Apps)
Client - Bugfix - Reentering Image view does not crash the app
Client - Bugfix - Buffered Images are now copies of and do not get recycled automatically
Fix out of memory crashes
- Resolve "Stop Remote Control" errorBreaking Changes- !!! update all devices !!! the network communication has been completelly changed and therefore will not work with older Versions of RemoDroid- Stability has been highly improved- Search for other network devices is fast and stabil- Remote Control for Android <5 devices is woking again- Client orientation is sync. with the server's
Fixed crash for Android 4.1 devices
Hotfix for trying to show Popup on a closed Activity
- bugfixes & crashes- Network discovery problems fixed- added spashscreen- updated sdk target
- Improved the look and usability of the whole app- Many, many bug fixes- Improved speed for image rendering- Improved stability of the application- Touchevents will be injected correctly on all devices with Android >= 5.0- Injection of multitouch events possible >=5.0- Remote Control is available over the browser und works on all common browsers- Seach for nearby devices is much faster
v0.11.1- Better web client, Faster & more options- Keyboard support implemented (only accessible from web client)v0.11.0- Updated Lib JPEG Turbo to 1.5.0- Fixed bug for not starting when device is a host of a wifi hotspot -> The sender can now be wifi router and streaming the screen at the same time.- Can start screen sharing without root for all devices with Android version >= 5.0. But without root the remote control is not possible
This is a remote control app, which allows you to control Android devices with any other Android phone, PC or Mac.
The App is currently in a beta state, that means it is buggy and might not work with all devices.
The app is mainly developed for remote control of Android TV sticks but as well works with a wide range of smart phones and tablets.
The app is separated in two parts:
1. Pressing the "Allow Remote Control" button allows screen sharing and remote control of the current device. That mode requires ROOT PERMISSIONS
2. Pressing the "Connect" button allows you to see the screen of a streaming device and as well remote control it. That mode does NOT require root permissions
For streaming your screen and/or been remote controlled you need ROOT permission!!!
For what can I use this app?
- Introducing a presentation (the App supports multiple users connected to one device at the same time)
- Supporting friends and people in need f.E. by remote configurating an app or by showing what actions need to be proceed
- Showing videos or pics to friends without even downloading them
- Screen sharing
- Remote control (from any Android device and PC)
- Multiple user support (several users can see the screen at the same time)
- Wifi and Ethernet/LAN are supported as communication channels (
- Applet Support -> allows the receiver to be any Java enabled device (Windows/Linux PCs as well Mac).
- Applet Support for internet connections
Feel free to contact me if you want to use that application for comercial use or integrating it into an Android image/build.